Tuesday 31 August 2021

Tuesday's Travels 20

Did you deduct where this was? Because those pump jacks can be found right here in the Netherlands as well. However, my home country does not have stonking big snow capped mountains in the distance. This was of course a pump jack in Alberta, Canada with the Rocky Mountains in the background. As I am not quite sure where exactly this was taken (somewhere along the motorway/highway), I will give the point to Anvilcloud. Half a point goes to Yamini who also said Alberta. For those of you who said Canada: nice try, but no cigar!
My story? Back in 2011, when I was still all set to move to Canada, I actually visited the country. A Canadian friend met up with me and we saw some sights over the course of a couple of days. This photo was taken while driving (she drove) and it was the epitome of Alberta for me. Oil and mountains.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Why not share your story. Answer next week!

8 comments:

  1. Dit zijn natuurlijk bollenvelden. Maar volgens mij ben jij de enige die waar dit is. Of er moet op dat moment iemand bij je geweest zijn,. Ik in ieder geval niet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no doubt about this one, they are Dutch tulip fields. The nearest I got to seeing them was on a train. The colours are truly amazing. Are there any near where you live now? I have seen the the daffodil fields in Lincolnshire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think tulip fields in the Noordoostpolder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Yes, I jump on that bus - tulip plantations - which I recall us driving through many when we did our family campervan trip waaaaaaaay back into last century (1970s!)... those, Delft and Eindhoven stick in memory for various different reasons... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have known a few, but this is my first submission. :)
    Sometimes I play games, and sometimes, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think that picture is of the tulip fields somewhere in your own country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing it might be tulips in Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some of the fields we passed in route to Keukenhof in 2016. The oil pumps dot places in Texas, Oklahoma and other areas of the US. I remember you visited Canada. We did not see any in Alberta when we visited in 2008. Klem

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!