Tuesday 10 August 2021

Tuesday's Travels 17

Well, I thought I could fool you all, but two people still knew what it was, even if I didn't show this exact photo last week. Yamini and Gera both get a point for knowing it was Sverd i Fjell near Stavanger, Norway. It translates as Swords in the Rock and they are quite big.
My story? Well, a friend of mine showed me these while we were on our way to a yarn shop. We clambered all over to try and get the best photos. I even had one of those photos turned into a piece of art to hang on my wall and it is the first piece you see when entering this house.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story! Answer next week.

6 comments:

  1. It is one of two possibilities, but I think that is the Meissen factory in Meißen, Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh I am late to arrive today and Gera I think has pipped me at the post, because I know you visited Meissen - but also the Beleek factory... however, I concur that this looks more German. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was some kind of porcelain, but wasn’t sure which. Meissen is wonderful, I love the rose on top. I think it is in your new house in the entrance near the photo of the Swords in the Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't know where that picture was taken but we do think it's a most beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puts me in mind of King Arthur. Not a clue on the new mystery. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, although it would have had to have been a giant King Arthur to get these swords out of the stone!
      Klem

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!