Wednesday 4 August 2021

I'm in!

Well, I was in by last Saturday and most of my belongings were here as well. Apart from my desk chair and computer among several other things. But I am now in and enjoying the new quiet place. 

Miss Oswin is still not sure about this whole move, also because things keep moving about here as well. She is still hiding under the sofa or a chest of drawers. But she has also found the window sills are perfect for watching the world go by. When it is quiet anyway.

There is still a fair bit to do. I keep finding more crates with bedroom and bathroom linen. Everything needs a wash before putting away, but I am slowly running out of room to put things away. For my own bedroom I bought two large book cases and there is not that much room left over in them. Unless I were to double up (two rows on one shelf), which I don't like very much. 

All my clothes and linen has been moved to the box room. A large wardrobe and a large chest of drawers take up most of the space there and it is still not enough. Perhaps I have too many towels? The guestroom is taken up by the huge amount of wool and other craft stuff I have. I don't need to buy any new yarn for a while yet. 

Downstairs it is slowly taking more shape. The kitchen was mostly done anyway before the big move, as was Harry's room (also known as the cupboard under the stairs), which houses all the tins, bottles, herbs, spices and sugar I have. Also tissues, paper hankies, bin bags, candles and such. 

The living room area is looking quite nice. Beforehand I knew exactly where to put everything and where I wanted my tv. In the end it doesn't look anything like it. Of course. This was mainly due to a large cupboard needing to be put in as well and there only being one spot for it. There will be a few more additions to come, but those will come in the time to come.

As for the garden? Neighbourhood cats pooping in the grass, a dead bird and blackberries slowly turning black. It will need some severe work doing to it. Not sure when, as my hands, elbows and knees are very sore right now. And I am tired. Very tired. 

But, I am in and enjoying it very much. Miss O will come around in due time as well, even though she will have to miss out on all the cuddles my parents gave her. Who, by the way, are enjoying a daughter and catless house very much!

9 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    WELKOM THUIS!!!

    It is exhausting and will it will be at least six months before everything starts to feel like it has found a place... and then another six as it properly settles. But this is brilliant and we shall look forward to images in due course. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has been a week now and I already feel quite home. Especially after the first spatters of tomato sauce hit the kitchen (cleaned up now). Miss O is slowly getting used to her new surroundings as well.
      Images will come.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you now have a place to call home. You have been very busy. Can't wait to see some more photos when you're all settled in. I think we all seem to have too much stuff. Miss O will settle in soon I'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has taken a long time for you to reach this stage so a few more months to sort it out won't make a lot of difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 95% is done right now, so it's only the last 5% that needs sorting. Which might take me a bit more than a few months...

      Delete
  4. Moving is always exhausting but we're glad to hear you and Miss O are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you will have garden access. I didn't realize that and it a good thing both for you and Miss O.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy new home to you Mara...well deserved after a very long wait.
    LOL on the parents having an empty nest again.
    Hugs and my best
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Looking forward to more pics of your place as you get all settled into it. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!