Monday 30 August 2021

Limits

Today is the last day of my four-day weekend. I had to clean the house, do the dishes, get groceries, do laundry, visit my Mum (it was her birthday on Saturday), get visited by friends and aunties wanting to see the new place. All at my own speed. Plenty of time to do nothing. 

I did get a phone call last Thursday, whether I wanted to do an extra early shift on Friday. I had to think about it. Normally it would be yes or no within seconds. This time I had to actually think hard. Financially it would have been a good move. Mentally and to some degree physically not so much. I picked mentally. I am just so tired and I need to think about myself. 

So, I did clean. I did do the dishes. I did go grocery shopping. I did do my laundry. I did visit my Mum (which is NOT a chore by the way) and I did get visited by friends and aunties. But I did not work. Instead I sat behind the computer for a full morning on Friday. I listened to the rain on the roof (you can sing the song now). I watched television. I read. I crocheted. I relaxed. 

Tomorrow morning the alarm will sound. At 3.15 am. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

  1. Good for you for listening to your body. There is a time for work and a time for rest. Good luck with your early morning shift tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I will be off early as well: around midday. But the alarm is still going off too early in my opinion!

      Delete
  2. You did absolutely right ! We need a break to get back some strength. I too listen to my body and when I have enough I sit down and relax. There was a time where I thought I have to be perfect that was a big error !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Spot on!!! 'Sall I need to say. Other than, well done... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was congratulating myself as well. Mind over money so to say.

      Delete
  4. Mara I think you were right to give yourself all you days off...after all the prep to move and moving.
    Happy belated Bday to your mom. OMCs my daughter shares your Mom's bday, 8/28.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poem is great and a good reminder to all of us to listen to our bodies and not over do it sometimes. It sounds like overall you had a relaxing long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you did get things that so I would say it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have put life in order to return to work! But 3:15 AM, ugh! klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing was: I was up before three! It was a long day I can tell you.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!