Tuesday 24 August 2021

Tuesday's Travels 19

Well, I think it's fair to say: you lot nailed this! Whether from personal experience or from film or television: you knew it was the Trevi Fountain in Rome. Points go to: Harm, Yamini, Millie and Walter, Fun60, Gera, Debby, My Mind's Eye and Hilary. A round of applause!
My own story? Well, I have seen this fountain twice, the most recent one being with my sister in 2019. Taking a half decent photo was difficult enough though: so many people. It really took away from the fountain I felt. I did not throw a coin to come back to Rome, even though it's a beautiful city, there are so many other beautiful cities out there, it's hard to get to them all. As for actually putting my feet in the fountain: being hauled off by police was not on my to do list when visiting Rome...

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week.

7 comments:

  1. Alberta somewhere. Could it be the old Leduc oilfield?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    That's an oil pump... so am going to make a stab at Alberta as I know you visited there. Have not seen these myself, but again know them from films and such. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's definitely an oil well but where we have no idea. We can't wait to learn your story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol finally I had visited one of your challenges.
    I did toss in a few coins. No way would I have traipsed in it shoeless either.
    Hugs
    Cecilia
    PS no clue on this week's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have tossed a coin! I have not idea on the new one. It looks a little like Texas but I'm wondering if maybe that was in Canada when you went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it is an oil well, but not idea where it is, USA or Canada most properly. I look forward to hearing your story, did it make a lot of noise? How close did you get to it?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!