Tuesday 17 August 2021

Tuesday's Travels 18

Last week's challenge was indeed a choice between two. But which one is it? Is it Meissen? Or is it Belleek? I have visited both factories and love them both. However, this one is Meissen. Gera gets the point, Yamini half a point for concurring. 
My story? During our trip through central Europe my sister and I just had to visit the Meissen factory in former East Germany. We both love porcelain, especially vases. We got a (tourist) tour through the factory and right at the end was a museum with absolutely beautiful pieces. This one was one of them. I could have bought it as well I think: several thousand euros would have needed to change hands. In the end I settled on a small vase, which was dear enough.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week!

11 comments:

  1. Fontana di Trevi in Rome.
    Bezocht in 2008 tijdens onze reis naar Italië.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Yeah, Harm beat me to it! Defo Treveni Fountain - but only ever seen it pictures like this. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your use of 'dear.' I don't hear that much anymore, but I did hear it when I was younger growing up in a household not too far removed from England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the Trevi Fountain in Italy. We've seen it in movies but since our mom hasn't left North America she has never been in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the Trevi fountain in Rome. I went to Rome in 2008 with a friend. We had a great time and stayed within walking distance from the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trevi fountain in Rome. Was a bit too busy overthere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of Meissen before. Trevi fountain but I haven't been, although I have been in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say Trevi too. I've been there 2 times.
    Yay first time I can say I've been to one of your challenges.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not enjoyed a trip to Italy. I do think I might recognize it as the Trevi fountain from photos and a movie or two! So glad you were able to find a small, dear item from the porcelain factory. hugs, janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case the dear referred to the price (as in expensive), but it has become a dear (as in loved) treasure as well.

      Delete
  10. Sorry for my late entry this week, but have had a busy week. Yes I agree it is the Trevi Fountain in Rome. I went to Italy in the mid 1990's with my mum and we both throw a coin in!! The film is one of my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!