Tuesday 3 August 2021

Tuesday's Travels 16

To be honest, I had to look up exactly what this photo was again, so no worries if you didn't recognise it! But, it was the statue of Pope John Paul II in Rome, which is located near the station (Termini). If you got Rome right: half a point. If you got Pope right: half a point. So, who got points in the end? Debby gets a whole point for Pope and Rome. Hilary and Gera both get half a point for Rome. Millie and Walter get half a point for the Pope. 
My story? In 2019 my sister had some vacation days left over and wondered what to do with them. Well, why not take a trip to Rome with your big sister? So, that's what we did. We took one of those big bus tours to see the main sites and this statue was along the route.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer as always next week.

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oohhh I remember these! One of your Norway close tours ... stone swords in ... ??? Am going to say Stavanger but only really because that's about the only place that sticks in my mind! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Mara, thanks for the half point, I thought I was going up and hoping for a full point this week, but I have not idea where this weeks photo is. Apart from they look like Viking swords so I think they are in Norway, but not idea where I am sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are European, you can get to so many varied places so easily -- at least compared to North Americas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for my point! I have not clue on the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no idea where it is but we like the three swords in the ground. They look very big too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sverd i fjell close to Stavanger, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mara you and your sister are best friends too.
    Wonderful!!
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!