Friday 27 August 2021

Miss Oswin has moved

Miaow

I knew there was something going on. I knew it! Every time Mara came in, she smelled funny. Opa also smelled funny sometimes and Oma was sitting behind the whirring machine with a lot of fabric that smelled funny. They were nearly too busy to give me a pet or let me out. 

And then the day came I was put in the basket. No no no!!! I don't want to go anywhere else. Mara took me to the vet and then I smelled funny too. But the vet said I was okay, just a little overweight. Hey, I am the most beautiful cat in the whole wide universe don't you know!

Then, the next day, the basket came out again. And I had to go in again. And this time when I was let out, there was a whole new house, where everything smelled funny and there were strange noises and my food was in a strange place and and and miaow?

Mara said I could go anywhere in the house. But I wasn't allowed outside. Well, I wasn't going outside anyway thank you very much. Since I am the most beautiful cat in the whole wide universe, I am not supposed to be scared, but I can tell you: I was a bit. So, I hid under the bed, or the couch, or the chest of drawers. 

But, I did also check everything out. There are so many places I can sleep on like a chair or a weapon's blanket chest. There are window sills to climb on and see what is happening outside. I can even smell outside as Mara has most of the windows open a tad. 

I got used to the new house and wasn't hiding anymore. I sleep on the bed mostly, but in the evening I come down to let Mara stroke my fur. Well, I am trying to get some food, but so far it hasn't worked. She says I need to lose weight. Harumph.

One day Mara went outside and I wasn't allowed, so I told her in no uncertain terms that that was just not on. She said I had to wait a few more days and then I would be allowed. 

Guess what? I am now allowed to go outside. And the garden is a great place to hide. So many plants and trees and even really high grass. 

Do you know what? I think I might like it here...

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh hello, at last we get a sighting of the Divine Miss O!!! So glad that you are starting to feel this might be an okay place. It is, after all, YOUR place. Mara made sure that you had lots of space in side and lots of space outside with hidey-holes and interesting sniffs and - well - what's that word? - Enrichment, yes, enrichment abounds!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to catch some birdies!
      Miaow!!

      Delete
  2. We're glad to hear you are settling in and adjusting to your new home, Miss Oswin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're sure you'll settle into your new place soon enough, Miss Oswin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting settled in and can go outside.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!