Tuesday 27 July 2021

Tuesday's Travels 15

Was this a toughie or what? Mind you, if I hadn't been there, I would never have guessed this one either. But it was Bournemouth Pier in England. Points go to Fun 60 and Yamini. Hilary gets a mention as she first was at the right coast and right starting letter (B), but then moved to the wrong coast, even if she did stay with B.
My story? When I lived in England back in the early nineties, I decided a few days at the seaside would be fun. As it was pre-car, I took a train or two and ended up in Bournemouth. It was already autumn, so not much was open, but I enjoyed myself anyway. The weather wasn't very good, but I think I visited a Lego exhibition on or very near the pier.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? What is your story? Answer next week!

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, I know that statue from somewere... I know I've seen it (not in the iron as it were)... news report??? Hmmmmm.... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mara for the mention. Well I think the photo looks like it is Italy, because of the car and buses, so I guess its Rome, but have no idea who the Statue is. I went to Rome with my mum in the 1990's, we were on a cruise of the Med. It was towards the end of the holiday and we only had a whistle stop bus tour of Rome and briefly saw the Colleseum, Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think the statue looks like a Pope so we are guessing the statue is somewhere in Italy but that is the best we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the Pope and I'm guessing it is somewhere in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rome, just forgotten where precisely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great fun with these guessing photos, Mara
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had so many adventures. Always up for whatever came along. Love your adventurous spirit. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!