Thursday 1 July 2021

Before and after

Goodness me, you would think that once past the panic buying last year, people would be less fixated on toilet paper, but apparently not so! The first thing people thought when they saw the potty: there is no loo roll! Tsk tsk tsk. It was a before photo people. Mind you, it could have been an after photo as well of course, but let's not get into that. Before it is.

But I am not one to hold out and that's why I took my camera to the new digs the other day to actually take photos of the littlest room in the house. Which is the only room completely finished at this stage, although I am making headway in the kitchen/living room. The hallway is also coming on fine and once I figure out how to re-glue the out of reach wall paper...

What else is there to say about the privy? It has a loo, it has a tiny sink with cold water (almost all Dutch houses have tiny sinks with cold water only in their bog, not sure why) and mine even has heating in it. I painted the walls and ceiling a nice calming magnolia, hung up a loo roll, put a shelf over the can itself where I placed more loo rolls, made sure there was a tiny waste receptacle and a cleaning brush. And I made sure some of my own flowery photos were level. Done!

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I would be most happy to visit that wee closet... sigh... one day... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to be able to tick one room off your list even if it is the smallest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a rental, right?
    I am surprised that you have to fix it up yourself.
    Things work differently in different places. It make life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You little room looks great! We're glad you have plenty of toilet paper on hand. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! Having a pretty loo is important!!
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice and I love the pictures on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos look nice in the small room. Now if they can freshen when the room is used for its intended purpose. klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of those type of pictures. Mostly views, some flowers and other nature related subjects. It will fill up the house perfectly.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!