Tuesday 6 July 2021

Tuesday's Travels 12

This was something that was fairly familiar with a few of you. It is a hoodoo and this one is somewhere in the Badlands of Alberta, Canada. There are however several places where Badlands occur and where hoodoos are a feature, most notable Bryce Canyon in the United States. Points this week go to: Yamini. Again Anvilcloud knew where it was, but failed to actually put down a name, so alas no points.
My own story? On my visit to Canada back in 2011 I was shown the Badlands of Alberta by a Canadian friend. In fact, I did go back to see the area again a few days later as I loved it there and would have loved to see even more. Time restraints kept me from doing so.

On to this week's challenge. Do you know where this is? Have you ever been? Tell me your story! Answer next week.

7 comments:

  1. Romeo and Juliet's balconynin Verona, Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Well I am going to back up Gera - not because I know but because it just kinda spoke 'Juliet' to me... would have no idea of an actual place though... (okay, just Googled J and Verona and voila! Points to G this week!!!) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a movie recently that had this balcony on and they mentioned that it was the Romeo and Juliet balcony.

      Delete
  3. I presume this was around Drumheller. I don't know of another place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before we saw the other guesses we thought of Romeo and Juliet but we could only guess that it is somewhere in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that photo of the badlands. Wow! I haven't been to Bryce Canyon yet we talk about stopping there when we drive through Utah to visit Amber and Dylan. Of course I have no clue on the new photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No clue but if it is in The Netherlands I'd love to visit
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!