Tuesday 20 July 2021

Tuesday's Travels 14

Well, this was actually a bit of a shoe-in for some. Mostly those that had come and visited me while I was living in Norway. It was of course a copy of the Statue of Liberty on Karmøy in Norway. The points go to Harm, Gera and Bettina. I am not giving out points for knowing it was the Statue of Liberty!
My story? I took everybody there that came to visit me. It is also the closest I ever got to Lady Liberty and I was able to touch it from standing. No chance of seeing the inside as it was only a small statue.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? What is your story?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mara, I have recently come back to blogging and always enjoyed your blogs. I have had a look at your Tuesday's Travels, and really enjoy trying to work out where the places are- haven't got one right yet and don't think I am going to start today but I thought it was Brighton Pier then realised it was not grand enough, so am going to guess at one of the piers at Blackpool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an old photo of Bournmouth Pier. I haven't been there for years but didtakethe kids there on a summer holiday in the early 90s. They loved the pier and of course the sandy beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't know exactly where that picture is but we think it's a pier somewhere in the UK. When we made the picture bigger we can see that the building has a sign that says "Pier Theatre" so we know it isn't in the US by the way theater is spelled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Yes, that's Bournemouth - been there many long years past. Last Century and halfway back in that, truth be told!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby would not stop in NYC for me to see Lady Liberty there. We did see a replica in Nice. Ha. Klem

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!