Wednesday 8 August 2012

D is for...

Dinosaur

My friend Kay had invited me to show me around Alberta when I was in Canada in October 2011 and on our second outing she took me to see the Badlands, which are in the East of the province. Since we had her dog Lindy along as well, we couldn't go to the museum in Drumheller, but two days later I went back to the Badlands and I visited the museum.

Find the dinosaur!
I have never been a dino afficionado, but that museum was something different. It was fantastic. All the dinosaurs had been found in the province and there were so many different ones, it was mind-boggling. They had even opened up a wall so people could see right into the preservation area. One of the researchers was there trying to clean up some unsuspecting fossil and he got asked a lot of questions as well.

If you are ever in the area, go and see this beautiful museum, it is fantastic!

This is the letter D for ABC Wednesday. Why not join?

8 comments:

  1. darn right - dinsosuars are for downright fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely go!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun museum to visit. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was not nice of both of you to not show Lindy all these bones ! She would have been delighted !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I give up - where is that dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think my grandsons would LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son love dinosaur. Catching up With ABC.

    Daredevil Diva
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to watch documentaries about dinosaurs.....they are fascinating to learn about....

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!