Sunday 6 June 2010

It's not easy being a woman

Disneyland Paris

Well actually, it is. Since I don't know how it is to be a man and I've always been of the female persuation, I just am. A woman that is. But sometimes it is made harder by the outside world to be a woman. And sometimes it's your own body doing that. And occasionally the two collide and make it extremely frustrating.

Take yesterday. A big festival in Scheveningen (near the Hague) and I had to drive as well. One of those articulated jobbies that won't go faster than 52 miles an hour and have no real comfort. They do however have masses of room and you can load one up with about 125 people. Making it the perfect festival bus.

However, only a couple of days ago my body decided to tell me it was still female. Which is a pain (figuratively and literally) in itself. Add to that the fact that I had to drive one of those bent bananas (otherwise known as articulated buses). On top of that there were no toilets/bathrooms/outhouses to be found anywhere near where the bus was parked or where I was supposed to pick the people up. So you can imagine how happy I was feeling!

But thanks to Esso (the petrol station) I soon felt a bit better again. And was able to do one more trip through the Hague before they told me I wasn't needed anymore and could go home!

The joys of being a woman...

4 comments:

  1. You think you've got it bad? Men of a certain age have to go to the bathroom every half hour on the half hour, 48 times a day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you didn't have bad PMT and scream at all your passengers. (Maybe you did?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, hate that! Very inconvenient. Always! Poor you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) it's not easy and it is a pain!
    Sorry that you had to have a day like that.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!