Monday 31 May 2021

Brom goes to the sea

Coocoo

On our last full day in the cottage, Mara was very lazy. She was feeling a bit under the weather (her own fault, I had told her to bring the water bottle with her to Rotterdam the night before: she had forgotten it!) and the weather outside didn't help that much either. 

Up and down through brambles and gorse.
But in the early afternoon, I finally convinced her that it might be good to go out for a walk to the beach, which was very close to where we were staying. She tucked me up safely in her walking pack (see the top photo), so I could see everything and off we went. 

When we got to the sea, it was very far away. Her walking app she uses, actually showed us walking in the sea itself, but the tide was going out, so it was the beach! How funny is that. At first she wanted to stay closer to the dunes (by the road), but I wasn't having any of that: we were at the seaside!

So, I told her I wanted to see the sea up close and off we went. And then she stopped. And took a photo. For the whole bit 'in the sea' she stopped and took lots and lots of photographs. Of foot prints and jelly fish, birds, the sea, the sand, me, her, me and her together. 

We saw some dogs and Mara said they were real German sea dogs. Hm, I think she was being silly again. But she said no, she had heard them talk German! 

A jellyfish. Yikes!
By the end of the walk, she felt a lot better, the sea air had done her a lot of good. We walked back through the sand and the dunes. Once back at the cottage park, we first had to do some shopping (pizza, yum!) and then we headed home again. Ready for another night of Eurovision.

A Moon Jellyfish

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh dear, a little over indulgent at the Eurovision, eh. Good job Mara had you to egg her out and into that bracing air (I can see it was from the hair!). Brom, you are surely the best of bears to look after her like that - and for sharing these words and images of your first trip out in quite a while! You surely made the most of it. Hugs and growlies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not indulging enough really. In the water I mean. And dehydration has an almost immediate effect on my head. Fortunately the sea air really did help.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Mara felt good enough to see the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great walk. We were wondering how you managed to walk on water. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing so many wonderful things. Looks like a great walk and how lucky you are to be carried along with Mara.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!