Wednesday 19 May 2021

Guarding the garden

I showed you one of the main guardians on Sunday and if you really looked closely at the big allotment shot on Monday, you might have been able to spot two of the other small ornaments I bought.

Keeping a lookout over my beans and snow peas
I wanted some gnomes, because I actually really like them. However, I didn't want a full size gnome (ie about 30-40 cm/a foot high), I wanted small and cute. And when my Mum and I hit the garden centre on Saturday, I found two small ones. 

My Mum was wandering a bit and she called me over to some kitty cats. They were cute, but for once I preferred the small rabbit and I knew exactly where to place it as well. With the loose leaf salad.

My final buy was this frog, as I thought it just exuded so much joy. I think joy and garden go together. The joy to put your hands in the earth and the joy to see things grow. Perfect with these four small ornaments. Mind you, if any of the salad does get eaten, that rabbit will have some severe explaining to do!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh these make me smile even all the way over here - so a great addition to the garden!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made me smile as well, that's why I parted with my money! And they will keep year after year.

      Delete
  2. You are having alotta fun with your allotment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little garden figurines you found. Hopefully the rabbit will keep any of his relatives from eating your salad greens by staking his claim to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frogs in the garden are excellent as well as rabbits. Had both in my old garden in Springfield. All the plants are looking good. klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the rabbit doesn't have a lot of work yet. We have had a lot of rain lately and the salad just doesn't want to know just yet...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!