Thursday 20 May 2021

Thursday

Only one more night before I return home. As I am writing this on Saturday the 15th, I don't know how my week will have been. Sorry, Brom says I should say: our week. The original forecast was quite a bit of rain and lower temperatures. But forecasts change each day.

Of course the main thing this week was Eurovision. We didn't attend the televised shows, so if you were watching to see if you could spot us: bad luck. We did however attend the jury shows (negative Covid-19 tests pending obviously) both on Monday and Wednesday, which left the television shows for us to watch on Tuesday and tonight.

We did want to do some walking as well. Lately I haven't really done much, as I battled my way through a week of headaches. I did find a nice walk around Rotterdam (where Eurovision is held this year) which is all in Eurovision mode and I hope we have been able to do that one. 

Tomorrow I will be returning home. And next week Brom will tell you all about our holiday by the sea...

7 comments:

  1. I hope the headaches subsided.

    Why whenever I see or hear Rotterdam, do I want to say or sing Rotter Rotter Dam Dam Dam? Was it in an old campfire song maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Yes, I was looking - but even if you had been there, so few audience shots were given I'd've been hard pressed to have spotted you anyway!

    There were some strong performances; my top five from first semi are Israel, Russia, Lithuania, Azerbaijan and Malta - but it was a close run thing and easier to say what I didn't like (of the qualifiers)... Belgium, Norway and, sadly, Nederlands... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I had differing opinions as well. However, my two went through, one of hers didn't! It's a good thing we don't all like the same thing. Mind you, Norway usually gets points off me anyway. A bit biased there.

      Delete
  3. We hope you had a fun time on your vacation and can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling well and I can't wait to hear about your trip. Saw the ocean photos on Facebook which were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mara I'm so happy you were able to make the trip. Things are slowly returning to normal I hope
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Brom's bear eye view of the holiday. klem

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!