Tuesday 11 May 2021

Tuesday's Travels 4

You knew it. Of course you did! It was the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles near Paris, France. Well done to Yamini, Gera, Millie and Walter, Debby for guessing/knowing it. One point to you. Gattina thought it could be several places, but did mention Versailles. A quarter point to her.
My own story? Ever since I had seen the episode of Doctor Who called 'The Girl in the Fireplace', I had wanted to visit the palace and when my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary with a trip to Paris/Eurodisney, I finally got my chance. Me and my sister made our way to Versailles and visited that place from top to bottom. My own highlight though was not the palace itself, but the gardens. Definitely one to return to one day.

On to this week's challenge though. Where is this? Have you been? What is your story? Answer next week!

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well, I thought airport and first thought after that was, could it be Schipol - but I know that Chicago O'Hare airport has those wavy lightings... neither of whcih I have been anywhere near for a considerable amount of time so that's pure (educated) guesswork! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have no idea where this is but guess it must be some sort of transportation hub because people have luggage with them. It is nice that they tried to make a boring part of the terminal look like art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL MOL for sure that place is not in my city.
    OMCs I was behind on your posts but now I am caught up.
    I like the tree birdhouse
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me the most beautiful palace ever seen was in Istambul the DOLMABAHCE PALACE ! Besides this palace Versailless is just a garden shed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel cheated. I had booked to go to Paris and Versailles last May and we all know what happened to that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a clue but it is a pleasant public area. Klem

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it! I don't know this next one but I'm guessing it is an airport somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!