Monday 17 May 2021

Preparing

We tend to have a good time together as well.
The last ride was done on Friday and then: HOLIDAY! Only a week mind, but it is nice. It would have been nicer had my sister been able to be here as well, but as she can't, me and Brom will have to enjoy ourselves.

As I will be away for a couple of days this week, staying in a nice cottage somewhere, things had to be sorted beforehand. Like a Corona-19 test. Or actually 2 of them. Not necessarily to do with the cottage, but mostly to do with Eurovision.

The Eurovision shows are so-called 'field lab events'. Basically test events to see how things work with larger groups of people. Distance (not necessary once inside), face mask (not necessary when seated or eating/drinking), testing (on the day of the event and five days after). All those things are tried and tested and evaluated.

Which meant that I had to order two tests. One can and will be done close to home, the other one for obvious reasons not. So, I had to find a place where that was possible. Once found, I ordered the test and I am now booked in. 

Something else that needed to be sorted was parking. As I am not in the city itself, I need my car to get 'home' again once the show has finished. But parking might be a tad difficult and in the end I paid a bit extra to have a guaranteed place. 

Then of course there is my allotment. I have planted all but the last two plants outside now and it looks quite fantastic. There are two guardians, one of which I showed you yesterday, a rabbit in the salad patch and a frog. There should be a bit of rain each day according to the current forecast, but if not my Mum or Dad will have to water the plants. I will be back before they know it.

Other than that I just need to pack my suitcase, get my car loaded up and gooooooooooooo....

9 comments:

  1. You can assist to Eurovision ?? I thought it was only virtual. Anyway we can now buy tests in the pharmacy for 9€ and or your doctor for 47€ which is quite expensive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    ooohhhhh is it time already??! Hope it is all fun fun fun... even the testing part (why not?) Travel safe, party safe. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testing not so much fun, but necessary. Fortunately I was negative both times...

      Delete
  3. We hope you have a fun and safe time on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I read yesterday some of the Eurovision results. You surely enjoyed all the good and possibly some not so good music. klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit to there being a few that were dreadful. But most were okay to good in my opinion.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!