Tuesday 25 May 2021

Tuesday's Travels 6

Well, did you know last week's challenge? It was of course a bus in Valetta, Malta. Fun60 got it completely right and gets 1 point. Yamini did have a good guess and gets half a point. (Before you ask: I am keeping score!)
My own story? Well, in 1999 I went there with three other girls and we spent the week lying beside the pool, doing barely a thing. Apart from one day where we went into the capital of Valetta to visit a small boat and this photo was taken of me. We did actually ride on those buses as well. Can't remember whether they were comfy or not, I just remember they looked good as the drivers were very very house proud and were forever cleaning them both inside and out.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you been? What is your story? Answer next week.

6 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Ah, that is the Calgary Tower! I do not go up such things (Sydney has an equivalent and it rotates... No. Thank. You. I did not manage to get to Calgary on my visit to Canada - but of course I know it from having connections there. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might be the CNN tower in Toronto which I have seen in person but did not go to the top. YAM says Calgary and I'm sure she is right
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did some sleuthing by magnifying your picture and agree with Yam that it is Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We've never been there but it looks like a nice place to visit. When we biggified the picture we could see a sign for the Glenbow Museum so we looked that up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in Malta but haven't payed attention to the buses ! The next photo could be anywhere because now all big cities look the same !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one I know. When we visited daughter out west two decades ago, it was straight north of her apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not recognize but YAM's comment gave the answer. Have been there and looked out the windows. June, 2008. Klem.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!