Wednesday 12 May 2021

Life and death

Not a dead sheep, she just couldn't get up anymore.
Sometimes when you walk, you come across slightly less pretty sights. Like dead animals. So, warning up front: this will show you some of them!
 
Recently I came across a dead bird, which was blue. It took me a bit to realise what it was though, as I couldn't think of any blue birds at all. But on carefully turning it over (hoping there were no maggots crawling about), I thought it was a tit.

On another walk, I came across some white in a ditch. On closer inspection (look, no touch), I realised it must be a dead swan and had been there for some time by the looks of it. Slowly decomposing and going back into the cycle of life.

And yet another day, I saw this tiny little mouse, lying at the side of the road. It looked quite peaceful really. As that walk was well over two weeks ago now, I doubt there is anything left of it now. 

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    good to accept nature in full cycle... 'tis how it is, and now these critters are honoured as they may never have been. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what happens, no matter how anybody feels about it. We all live, we all die.

      Delete
  2. I think of birds dying, which must be common, but I can't remember when I last saw a dead one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sometimes find piles of feathers in our yard. Our local cooper's hawk, Mr. Cool Beans Cooper, leaves them after he catches a birdie. That's Mother Nature for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cycle of life. It has been rearing the ugly head of the end with my oldest sister. Her numbers are improving so the chemo is on a three week cycle as opposed to two weeks. Considering she was told without chemo she would not last the summer we are doing the happy dance. Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will be with you for a long time yet! Klem

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!