Tuesday 26 February 2013

A walk

The last of the sunset
One of the things that gets organised on a regular basis at work is a walk. Usually around 6 or 7pm and somewhere around town. The walks aren't that long, only about an hour. Yesterday I was finally able to join, which I had wanted to do for some time now. I was still in uniform, since the walk was only a quarter of an hour after I finished my shift, but I had good shoes on and that was the most important. 

In the end there were five of us walking. Of course the sun set a little before we got started, but we got the last of the sunset while walking. It wasn't fast, it wasn't professional, it was just a nice one hour walk along a coastal path. I took some photos, but since it was darkish/dark they didn't come out all too well. 

Haraldshaugen is a national monument
It was nice to get out after sitting all day long at work though. Stretch the legs, get some gentle excercise in and then get a colleague to drive me home! I will definitely walk there again. When it's light and probably crawling with people! It was still quite busy when we were there.

2 comments:

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!