Tuesday 30 June 2009

Old


It's one of those days today. It just crept up to me. I never really noticed it coming and all of a sudden it was there!

I should have known a while ago. I looked at my arms and felt they looked old. Like my mother's arms. My hands have started to get a bit wrinklier. My hair is still okay: not a grey hair to be seen! But whether that's due to my natural (and not so natural) blonde colour or because I don't have grey hairs yet, I don't know.

And because my arms looked old a few weeks ago (while looking at my face in the mirror, I don't. Not really), I decided I would treat myself with a nice new computer. An itty bitty one. Preferably in pink. But alas, the first one I got, was in ivory. Lovely colour on the outside, but a bit too black on the inside: it kept shutting down on me. Extremely annoying! So, I exchanged it. And now I have a lovely navy blue one that goes perfectly with my uniform. Not too black inside fortunately and I might even be able to use the internet while away! Wouldn't that be good? Keep you informed of all my escapades during my trip?

I want to get to 120. Years that is. And as of today, I've only got 82 years to go!

Happy birthday to me...

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes look in the mirror and have no idea who is looking back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Your still a spring chicken. But I know you're reaching the age when your perceptions change. I think you're doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have noticed the changes that were going on when I was your age. Take care of that skin now. If you invest in anything, invest in a good skin care line. Also I want to be 120,
    that's pounds for me, and I have 75to go. Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy reading about your adventures
    -martin

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!