Tuesday 7 February 2017

Fingers crossed

My mother in a funny mood a few years ago
I once had an operation to remove two wisdom teeth. My mother was there to hold my hand (I am NOT good with needles) and the whole thing was going swimmingly. Especially after I told the surgeon to cut out telling jokes, since I would like to do that after the operation as well. He was telling funny jokes (they really were), while having some very sharp instruments in my mouth. Any involuntary movement, for example due to laughing, could result in severe damage.

Well, today I will hold my mother's hand. Virtually that is. And from a distance. Because today, a lot sooner than expected, but very welcome, my mother will have her operation. Let's have our fingers crossed that the surgeon is not a joke-teller while using sharp instruments. And that everything goes just as it should.

I will not be there today, but will travelling home on Friday, as will my sister. We just want to make sure about that surgeon...

11 comments:

  1. Wish all the best to your mother !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a worrying time. Hope the surgeon is the silent type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Sending Loving Vibes... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. POTP to your Mother, sending her my very best wishes
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mara we are sending tons of kitty kisses, POTP and Mom hugs to you as you await news on your Mother's surgery. I'm so glad it is happening earlier than expected...get it over with and start healing.

    Mom says in her mind's eye she'd like to wear a slightly longer version of the last dress today
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping your mom in my prayers and I'm glad your heading that way on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for a good surgery and recovery!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it goes well and you trip too when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Millie & Walter have their paws crossed that all went well for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healing for your mom and travel mercies for you and your sis.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!