Monday 13 February 2017

After the silence

I had thought about pre-posting some posts, but in the end I didn't. Then I thought I could post while at home, but in the end I didn't. A weekend free of internet isn't all bad in my opinion and that was what it was.

There had been a plan of me going to the archives in The Hague before going home, but in the end I opted to wait for my sister to arrive (she usually arrives two hours after me) and go home with her. After all, I went home to see my Mum. And let me tell you: she was doing fine. Getting thoroughly fed up with the couch (she's a chair person), but otherwise fine. No great deal of pain, just some discomfort, hence the couch. 

Making sure the plane doesn't freeze when in the air
My sister and I spent a few hours in town on Saturday, both needing some clothes and both succeeding to some degree. On Sunday we went to a craft fair that was in town. It was big. It was busy. There were an awful lot of women there. But, we did get hold of some nice things as well, so not all bad. Unfortunately my body had decided that the 'so far so good' line was too good to pass up on and gave me a nice big H which lasted all weekend. I was not pleased I can tell you! I am still drinking like it's going out of fashion, but somewhere along the line something else went wrong.

This morning my Dad took us to the train station again. Where we took the Right train to the airport. Always a challenge for us you know! The next time my sister and I will see each other is in June, when she will come over for a week and a half and then again in August when we will both be at my parents' again. 

17 comments:

  1. Glad your mom is on the road to recovery. We just had the thought that you came up with a wonderful blog title: "In The End I Didn't". Such potential!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the end I didn't choose that title. But it would have been a good one, you are right!

      Delete
  2. I am pleased to hear your Mom is doing well and that you had a restful time away frum the intermutts this weekend
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad Mum is doing better.

    (That looks like a fire breathing dragon at the airport.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does a bit! And do you know, there were dragons on the bedroom window as well, but I didn't take a photo of them...

      Delete
  4. I am certain as a mom that your mother was pleased to have her two girls in her 'nest'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we always bring a lot of noise and stuff into the house.

      Delete
  5. Glad your mother is doing well, but that darn H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to here all went well with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    On balance, mainly good... I have a pal whose headache tends to come on when dealing with family stuff (even the good stuff). Pure tension. Shoulders like rocks, pulls on the neck and thence the scalp. The water upkeep is important and will certainly help. Don't give up on it! Hi Brom - glad you were there to ensure correct trains and stuff. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very likely a combination of short night, travel, bit of stress and the large whiskey my Dad handed me. But I did keep at it with the H2O!

      Delete
  8. We're glad to hear your mom is doing well. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend even if you did get a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your mom is doing okay and that you and your sister were able to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mum recovered real quick that's nice ! Your weekend seemed to be quite busy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. So sorry to hear about your H. Being unplugged is a good thing. We need that from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey Mara ...... sorry about the headache but it's good to hear your Mom is going good. You look very relaxed, like a whippet, in that photo. If I were there I'd be snoozing right alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was on the plane, where we had the whole back seat (and the ten rows in front of us) all to ourselves. So, there would have been enough room for you.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!