Saturday 23 May 2015

Miss Oswin went hunting

Miaow

Last Tuesday (Mara said it was Tuesday, for me it was Mara-at-home-day), I was allowed outside. The weather wasn't very nice, there was wind and it was not very warm either. So, when Mara called me to come inside again, I was very tempted. But I was hunting and you can't just leave that and go inside to a few treats, now can you?

So, I didn't go in. When Mara called me again five minutes later, I was still busy hunting and still didn't go in. Then I heard Mara come closer. She had come out to look for me because she heard me miaowing she told me later. Ha! I wasn't miaowing! It was the cat I was hunting that was miaowing. 

Now I say I was hunting, but it was more guarding really. Because the other cat was sitting on top of the electricity pole and was too scared to come down! Mara wasn't happy with me at all and tried to catch me, but I wasn't having any of that. But after a while I gave in and let Mara take me inside. The other cat was still on top of the pole though!

After about 15 minutes Mara looked again and the cat wasn't on the pole anymore. This time it was in the garden being scared by yet another intruding cat! Mara said she felt very sorry for the poor cat and chased the other hunter off. 

Well, I think it was a silly cat. And it shouldn't have been in my garden! Next time I see it, I will try and chase it up the pole again. But Mara says I have to be nice and that the garden is big enough. The cat was only young and very friendly she said. 

Well, we'll just have to see about that!!

11 comments:

  1. Ha ! Cats will be cats. Now, Miss Oswin, time to learn to share. The new kitty might be a nice warm body to curl up with on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Miss O, you are the Lady of your territory and that is fine... but the very best of ladies understand the concept of hospitality. At the very least let her get ONE mouse... who knows, she could become your Best Fur Friend!!! Now go headbutt Mara.... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One mouse. But only ONE! And then it has to get out of my garden!!!!

      Delete
  3. Had you seen these cats before? Do you ever worry that Miss Oswin will run away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Miss Oswin!
    Wow, you're a super guard kitty fur sure! This is definitely the biggest of our jobs and you did great keeping the others away. We're alot alike because I chase off critters in my territory too!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to hunt mice a lot. And guard them while they try and get away. But this intruder was definitely my biggest catch!

      Delete
  5. Well done, Miss Oswin! You keep Mara safe from all those intruders. However, I must say that Miss UpAPole is quite cute. Not so much as you for sure. May you have a good hunting week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara said that the cat was really cute. I hope she isn't thinking of letting it in the house!! Because I won't be having that...

      Delete
  6. Miss Oswin sounds very smart to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Miss Oswin. Just as well you scared that silly cat out of your garden cause she sure looked mighty pretty sittin' there among the daffodils and Mara might grow too fond of her and invite her in for a saucer of milk or something. That would never do, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you telling me she looked pretty? What kind of new friend are you anyway!? But Mara told me there is only room for one puss in this house. I know she wants a bigger house and I hope it's not so she can get another puss. I wouldn't like that at all.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!