Saturday 30 May 2015

Miss Oswin is not happy

Miaow

Mara had told me two weeks ago that I had to go to the vet for my yearly check-up and shots. But then last week nothing happened and I thought she had forgotten about it. She hadn't. 

This Tuesday (or Mara-at-home-day) she snuck up on me, grabbed me and then put me in a tiny cage! I told her I didn't like that, but she didn't listen. At all! She put the tiny cage with me in it in the noisy thing and then she put a seatbelt on me. I told her all the time I didn't like it, but she still didn't listen.

She then drove in the noisy thing to the vet. Well, I think it was the vet anyway. There were some other animals there too. There was a baby sheep, there was another cat and there were two dogs. 

The other cat had been found (like I had been found last year), but was very ill. The lady who brought the cat, said that she was worried it would have to be put to sleep. I was very sorry for that, because even though I was not happy right then, I am usually really happy with Mara and I hoped that the other cat could find a home as great as mine.

When it was our turn, the vet checked me a bit and then went away. I took the opportunity to jump off the table and hide, but Mara got hold of me very soon. Then the vet came back and he gave me an injection. He said everything was fine with me and I looked very pretty. Harumph! I bet he says that to all the girls!

I went back in the cage after that and Mara took me out so she could pay and then go home. The little dog was there as well, and he sniffed my cage. But I got him. I know I did. And he didn't come close again!! One claw is all it needs after all...

12 comments:

  1. Crikey Miss Oswin ...... you gotta go easy on we canine blokes.. that poor little bloke was probably just coming over to give you some sympathy or something and you had to slash him with your clawy thing. That's not very nice you know!! Sometimes you felines can be right moody, aye??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He shouldn't have come too close! Mara said though, that no harm was done. It was just his ego!!

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    OMC Miss O, I cannot imagine being shoved into a tiny cage and being shunted out of my territory like that - I am not at all surprised you got 'nippy' with the doglet!!! Goodness, though, to have only one injection and a clean bill of health (even if the 'bill' was not 'clean' for Mara), that is a GOOD THING and means you don't have to go through this trauma again for another year. YAAYYY... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara was actually pleasantly surprised by the bill. It came to around the same amount as she would have had to pay in the Netherlands. She said...

      And the vet told her that I didn't need the rabies shot. Not unless I was leaving Norway and I am certainly not planning on doing that. Norwegian mice rule!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hey Miss Oswin!
    Wow, I'm so excited to see your introduction post on 6-1-15 and then we'll have a blast at the Welcome dance on 6-2-15. All of Blogville will be happy to read all about you.
    Well, you did great at the vet! I always try to bash everyone, like you did with that curious pooch. BOL/MOL Yup, they have to drug me all up to work on me. I bet your dogtor meant every word about you looking so very pretty!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, New Furiend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Mara that next year I am not going to the vet again, but she just smiled at me and gave me a cuddle.

      The only thing that came out of the whole vet thing is that she got the best and most scrumptious treats now. Mmmmmmiaow!

      Delete
  4. OMC OMC you had to have a SHOT??? And be put in the little carry thingy? We just do NOT understand why the peeps don't realize that we hate this annual INDIGNITY...
    We hope that the poor kitty is OKAY and finds a good home... Like YOU did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think, Oswin, now you're done with the vet for another year! Unless you get sick, but I think Mara is too good of a Mommy for that to happen. I'm impressed with all the furry friends you have commenting on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So traumatic for cats, and that carrier is a tight fit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on such a swell check up. Sort of fun sometimes to put nosy dogs in their place, which is not in your crate. Even if you do not like it, it is YourS!!! My name is DJ and I am visiting my Grandma Jan this weekend. Dad and Mom and all my brothers and sisters got in their noisy thing and left me here. My crate is bigger. I do not like to have to sleep in it. My sister and Mom helped me find a home. They say I am part boxer but I like to bite more than hit. Wishing you lots of mice in the field and none in your home! DJ the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You understand me! Just because those dogs can walk free, it doesn't mean they can just pester me! Fortunately I don't have to sleep in the cage. I wouldn't like that at all AT ALL!

      I hope your visit goes great. Just don't bite anybody. Mara says two-leggers don't like that.

      Delete
  8. Glad you got your check up. They are never fun. My dog Skye shakes the whole time we are there!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!