Thursday 7 May 2015

Brom on a plane?

Coo coo! Surprise!! Here I am again, your friend Brom!! It wasn't the plan, but really: with two such dopey people as Mara and Gera, there could only be one person writing this blog. 

For days now, they had talked about taking the 07.15am train to Schiphol airport. Direct and easy and with plenty of time to spare just in case, which was important especially for Mara: her flight was at 10.25am. 

And then the two dopes just got on a train. Just like that. Of course I couldn't warn them: I can't read you know! But you would think that two people who have worked on trains, who have travelled a lot and who can both read, would know better than to go down to platform 3, when it was clearly stated (I overheard Mara say later) that the train they were supposed to take left from platform 5! 

Gera was the one who found out, but it didn't matter: the proper train left at that moment. Well, they settled down and then started to take photos of me as if it had been my fault. The nerve of those dopes.

Fortunately they knew that at the next station they could change trains and get to the airport that way and in the end they were at Schiphol around the same time they would have been with the proper train.

At the airport it was time for some coffee (I didn't partake) and then it was time to say goodbye to Gera. She is a good cuddler you know and it will be three months before I see her again.

As you know I have traveled a lot on a plane, but never in the passenger seat and this time I was allowed AND I was allowed to look out when the plane went up into the sky. The most exciting thing. My stomach was doing flip flops and there were clouds and there were tiny little houses and tiny little cars. After that I needed to rest and I spent the remainder of the journey safely tucked away. 

And this time it is for real: see you all in three months with more of my adventures!

16 comments:

  1. Well Brom I think you need to start looking out on e-bay for a more responsible owner. You can get a spoken version so don't worry about not being able to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back ! I take the plane Saturday and fly back in the rain !
    We have 26° today !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Goodness Gracious Brom, that was a skin of the teeth moment, eh? Glad you got back on track though (....&*>) But I worry - through out the whole holiday you didn't 'partake' of any sustenance - or are hugs the food of your being??? By for now Brom and looking forward to seeing you in three months! Huggies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hugs are the best way to keep a teddy healthy! Definitely!

      See you in three months...

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      Bwwhahahahaha - pawect entry to the Darwins of Blogville!!! Yxx

      Delete
  4. Give Mara a hug from Lindy, please, Brom.
    Oh, and one from me, too.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Brom. It is like this. When two humans are walking and talking, especially sisters, they are not longer able to properly read signs. But that is okay cause hugs cure all mistakes! Enjoy resting up for your next big adventure. Nice to know there are flying bears. I bet they are much nicer than flying monkeys! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they had better learn then! I don't want to end up in some weird place where they don't like bears!

      Do you think there are badges to say I am a flying bear?

      Delete
  6. Well that was lucky that the train thing ended up working out. Isn't it fun watching out the window? Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly Mara and Gera! They remind me of the time my dad was waiting for his plane at the airpost, and he got so engrossed in the book he was reading that he missed his flight! At least Mara got you on the plane on time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our passenger railway had the same blue and yellow colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, but this is all too understandable. I'm told that my Gail, also a well-traveller human, once couldn't work out why the machine wouldn't take her ticket (in the days they had ticket-swallowing machines) at Heathrow. It was only when she asked for help that she realised she should have been at Gatwick Airport…
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, oh my! I hope she did catch her plane in the end!

      Delete
  10. Brom...my mom would be lost too. The last big trip they took was to Alaska in 2005. That was when all the tickets etc were still taken manually by an attendant.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our mom gets lost all the time! While going to buy pizza for a party for her students at work she needed to have a map drawn for her

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't she have ordered them in? I would have done! Save myself the trouble you know.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!