Wednesday 6 May 2015

Brom went to the bottom of the sea

Brom here again. I was a bit worried before we left today, because the weather wasn't very nice at all. A lot of wind and black clouds and even rain and hail and thunder and lightning. I stood at the window and watched. And I knew it would be very very difficult to see the tulips. But Mara said the rain wouldn't be all the time and off we went. 

We went driving a long time, but I did see lots of tulips. I wanted to sit between the tulips, but I couldn't get over the ditch and neither could Mara. So, we had to take photos from the road. But the tulips were still very beautiful. And lots of different colours as well. Red and yellow and my very favourite: orange. I saw other colours as well, but we didn't always stop to take photos. 

I also saw apple blossoms and an aeroplane (Mara will tell you all about that one later) and lots of different roads. We were driving all over the place. It was good fun. Just Mara and me and beautiful views. It didn't last though. You can already see it in this photo as well. The skies were grey and...

After a while it started raining. Very hard. Very very hard. So hard, that Mara couldn't see the road anymore. Taking photos then is not nice either, although she did try with a wind turbine. And another one that I really liked with grey skies and wet and a stripe of yellow tulips in the distance.

When we were done driving we went to visit an old colleague of Mara's. They had invited some other people as well, so it was like a little party. Again! There were drinks and nibbles (I didn't partake) and onion soup. The best thing though: all the stories I had never heard. Mara had heard some of them, but others were new to her as well. And then there was a slide show. With buses coaches! Puhlease!! Mara got excited though and there were a lot of photos of old colleagues as well. Even one of Mara with a duck on her head!! Very funny! 

Today we are going home again. The holiday is over. And it's only 3 months to our next holiday. In Scotland. Where there will be lots more to see and do. I will see you then! Oh, and the bottom of the sea? That's where we were today. And all the tulips as well. But now there is land and no more sea.

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Crikey Brom, so much rain you thought the Netherlands had again submerged??? That's a bit scary when you are on the road. What a lovely trip you had though - the tulips en masse like are always impressive. so glad you had a fun time with Mara and thank you for sharing it with us. Stay safe till the next holiday!!! Huggies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mara said the dykes are very sturdy, so I wasn't worried. But it was difficult to see more than 20 meters in front of the car!

      Delete
  2. The fields in the first photo look so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exciting road trip - a little too exciting at times, maybe . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brom, so pleased you are safe! I was afraid you had jumped from Mara's care to take a swim and had drowned. Looking forward to your next big adventure. The tulips compliment your fur perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't swim! And I don't have a rain suit either. Is there a lot of water in Scotland?

      That's why I liked those tulips the best: they were the same colour as my fur.

      Delete
    2. ...Brom - there's a fair bit of water in Scotland. There's a fair bit of RAIN in Scotland... I'd pack an inflatable boat for the trip if I were you.... Yxx

      Delete
  5. Those tulip fields are beautiful! How fun it would be to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!