Wednesday 27 May 2015

&%$*#@

Ever since I got back to work about 7 weeks ago, it has been hard to find a parking spot, because somebody in the parking department of the town I work in, thought it necessary to close the parking spots we were using. They were free you see, and they want the money coming in from paid parking. Or, we could use public transport to come to work! Which is a joke of course, since we are the drivers driving the first shifts!

Be that as it may however, until now I have been able to find parking places every day. I have had to pay twice when no spot was to be found, but all other times I was in luck. And recently I found the perfect spot. 

This morning however, the perfect spot seemed quite tiny. I have a tiny car, but even then I felt I was living on the edge. And today at work we were talking about it as well. About how until now I had been lucky. About how the traffic wardens didn't come out as often anymore. 

I walked to my car after work and saw it from a distance: the little notice under my windscreen wipers. My luck had run out. I had parked too close to the crossing (as I had already feared) and was fined 500 kroner! Which is money I would have preferred to use on other things. Ah well, live and learn I guess. Tomorrow I will have to scout around for a better place still!

15 comments:

  1. Ouch! There really should be a free parking lot for the employees of the bus company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! There needs to be more options!

    Your pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought having my own private driver would be good, but that would cost even more than the price of the ticket I got!

      Delete
  3. Parking is always a pain. Now Mum nolonger have drives to work, instead she has to suffer packed cramped trains! She's not sure which is worse!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    ...ugh... that's a winner spinner for them then... deary me... good luck on the hunt. Judging by the crowd outside your window, parking could get tough at home too!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crowd outside was there only one day. They were a nervous bunch though: up and down and up and down the field all day long! Got tired just looking at them!

      Delete
  5. Hey Mara!
    Wow, I'm glad I only ride in cars and don't have to drive or park them! BWAR HAR HAR Sorry about your parking troubles. Cute cows out that window. :)
    BTW: I found a new furiend in Blogville and I thought Brom might be interested. The blog is marleyandlola.blogspot Lola is a real dog and she shares her blog with a toy dog named Colonel and a teddy bear named Clapton. They're from France. I thought you might all get along great and want to follow each other. I left a comment for them too.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cows outside my window were really interested in me and my lawn mower machine. They were all gathered to see what was going on. When they realised no goodies were coming their way, they went on their merry way. Well, they moved a little anyway.

      I will have to go and take a look at Clapton, it sounds like a fantastic name!

      Delete
  6. I thought you were parked amongst the cows ! That's always annoying to pay tickets. I had the same "joke" when I parked for the Anderlecht market. I always parked there and then suddenly paff I got a ticket !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't your heart just sink when you see those notices on your windscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to you Miss Mara. So glad you visited my blog. It is a great honour. We are actually taking a small break from social media at the moment but I hope to be back on the blog in a week or so. *salutes* ...Clapton (for it is I as old Marley no longer writes our blog now that he is OTRB)...p.s I am a dog and not a bear but I hope that means we can still be pals!! BOL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, @#$%^ujm >{po%$#@. Not a fan of paid parking on 'public' streets. Wishing you the best of luck on finding the perfect place again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We see that you have met up with MARLEY the Dog and CLAPTON the Bear... We have always loved BOTH of them... butt it is CLAPTON who takes us on wonderful sight seeing adventures... It is a tiny bit confusing butt you will catch on to all of it SOON... We are thrilled to meet you and want to say a big WELCOME TO BLOGVILLE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, shoot! I was just talking about paying for parking on my blog post today! What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful VIEW you have. Welcome to Blogville again and we look forward to more adventures (and hopefully better parking).

    Abby the Lab and her Mom L.B.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!