Thursday 29 April 2010

Oh no!

I had a hard day at work. The sun shone while we spent a few hours in the most well-known amusement park in the Netherlands (the Efteling). We had breakfast (consisting of a Sprite, french fries with mayonaise, a frikandel and a kroket. In short: junk food) at 11.30am. We went on a small steam train. I had cotton candy. We saw Sleeping Beauty. We got stuck in traffic on our way back to the school.

When I finally got home I heard a faint miaowing. And I realised I had locked Sophie in an upstairs room. Not the bathroom, not the laundry room, but my bedroom. She had been locked in there from 6.30am without food, water and even more important: a litter box!

So, right now, I am trying to get my duvet (kingsize) washed. It doesn't really fit in my washing machine, so I hope it will be allright. Ah well, that'll teach me to check under the bed and on top of the wardrobe when leaving my bedroom in the morning!

6 comments:

  1. Poor baby and poor duvet! So what is a frikandel and a kroket in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when that happens! I have a cat that routinely gets shut in the closet. You'd think that she would learn. Or that I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no is right! Poor kitty. She'll still loves you, though--I bet she was really happy to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor kitty! Next time just leave the bedroom door open.... works for me! You'll get a hairy bed, but that's much better than the one you found today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great trip but poor little puss being locked in! I did that once with one of my cats and she spent her time in the wardrobe!! No mess to clear up though - fortunately! A

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took our duvet to the Dry Cleaners where they have big washers. It wasn't dry cleaned -- juts put in their big washing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!