Tuesday 27 April 2010

Chicken

Last week I made pasta with a salmon and spring onion cream sauce. This week I wanted to make pasta with a chicken and spring onion sauce. So, I had to boil the chicken. Just water and chicken filet and boil away. However, from the past I had learned to set the kitchen alarm. I nearly burned my first place down by forgetting there was something on the stove!

I had put the alarm and after an hour the alarm sounded. A horrible beep beep noise, so I was quick to turn it off. The chicken looked nice and cooked, so no problem there.

A few hours later I could still smell the chicken. And the only thing I thought: great chicken. Until I also started smelling something else. A bit of a burnt smell.

Yes, you've guessed it: I turned off the alarm, but not the fire under the pot! I was just in time though: the chicken is still good and can still be used in my pasta dish...

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad you didn't burn your place down. I have to take the timer with me or I would do the same thing. Best not to leave the room when you are cooking, that is my moto!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!