125 ml (1/2 cup) Limoncello*
115 gr (1/2 cup) caster sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
1 vanilla pod
250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream
6 (wine) glasses
1. Put the limoncello, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Cut the vanilla pod length-wise and scrape out the seeds. Throw the pod away.
3. Stir everything well and leave for two hours, occasionally stirring to dissolve the sugar.
4. Whisk the cream until stiff, then spoon in the limoncello mix two tablespoons at a time.
5. Divide the mixture equally over six glasses and put in the fridge for 5 hours.
6. Serve cold with a slice of lemon.
*Limoncello is an Italian liqueur based on lemons. A good liquor store should be able to provide some. Store it in your freezer and have a sip on a hot summer's night. Mind you, once you've tasted the limoncello, you might not have enough anymore to make your dessert!
If you know of any good summer desserts, why not send me the recipe. I promise to make ànd taste every single one I receive (scientific purposes you understand) and write about it afterwards!