Monday 17 December 2012

Red, white and blue

Almost sixteen years ago we met. The first day for both of us in a new job. I asked her name, which I promptly forgot (I do that, I try repeating and it works a bit better, but I still forget names). I liked her and thought she would be a good friend. When we started working however, we didn't see a lot of each other. But somehow or other we did become friends. She had a husband, two sons and some cats. I had two cats. We both loved going to the sauna and did so with another friend and my sister. 

They loooove Peppermaggot!
When I found out Wuppie and Linette weren't going to be able to come with me to Norway, she stepped in and took them home. They are now living the life of a god in France: food, cuddles, the lot! But, she isn't only somebody who looks after my cats, she also felt she needed to look after my patriotism. Something red, white and blue was in order. She posted it on Facebook about a week ago and I thought it looked like washed out old grey sports socks. Not very nice. Little did I know they were for me.

Well, the socks she knitted for me look a lot better in real life than on the photo on Facebook. They also fit to a t. Pepperfly, you are a great friend, not only keeping my cats warm, but also my feet and my patriotism. 

Thank you!!

10 comments:

  1. When it comes to remembering names, I think you either have it or not. I don't. But the lady at a busy place that I have visited a few times greets me by name every time, even though I only see her very briefly in passing. I asked her how she does it. Does she have a system? No, she doesn't. She just remembers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Peppermaggot! :-) Good sense of humour, but hey, that's you. I must say, your picture of the socks looks MUCH better than mine. Maybe because your feet are in it. ;-) It didn't work at my place, because my feet are bigger than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with the label 'bad news'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you would like Peppermaggot. It was an easy deduction from Pepperfly of course!!

    As for the bad news label: the post started off a bit different and contained mention of bad news. But in the end it was a completely good news post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I DO like Peppermaggot. :-) I wonder how the little maggot himself feels about it, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Pepperfly have me really curious here now, Mara. Curiouser and curiouser.
    I'm terrible with names, too. Dunno why. Who did you say you are?
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great socks! They look very cosy!

    And I am noticing...you are writing a post every day again! I can't keep up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. G has the same colored socks, not handknitted but bought on the market and he doesn't wear it for patriotism,lol ! Then they should be green white red, but now I doubt, maybe he has them. Anyway that's a real friend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. She knitted those socks, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's the best for adopting your cats :-D

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!