Saturday 28 March 2020

What to do? Part 6

It's my mum's turn to make dinner today, which gives me the time to write the next installment of my What to do series. Here goes...

52. Reach out to someone who lives alone or is feeling anxious.
This is quite difficult for me as I don't know that many people and the ones that I do know are all in a family group. We did invite a neighbour for our spare rib feast yesterday, but she declined because of Corona. Which we totally understand. She has recently been fairly ill and doesn't want to take any chance of getting ill again.

53. Host a skype/zoom dinner party.
I have seen this in several places, but I am not convinced. Probably because we don't host dinner parties anyway.

54. Get some positivity in your social media feed.
Easy: no social media or very much censored. But we do try and get more positivity on our television screen. The news? Yes. All the talk shows? No. They just keep harping on and on and on about the same thing, rehashing, looking at it from a gazillion different angles and with a whole host of experts. Instead we watched Frozen the other day. And Wall-E. The next one up is Paddington. It makes us smile.

55. Try positive psychology activities.
Well, not watching every single thing on television/social media concerning Corona counts for an extremely positive psychology activity. Turn it off and just read a book. Bake a cake. Or just sit and stare at the geraniums. Just a thought here.

NOT cooked by me, but it was yummy
56. Cook an amazing breakfast.
For breakfast? Not going to happen. But I have been known to have breakfast in the evening. Or at least the foods usually associated with a full English. So, next time it's my turn to cook...

57. Create an amazing treasure hunt or clue trail for a family member.
I could do something like that. It would need some severe thought though, but it sounds great.

58. Get familiar with online grocery shopping: create favourites lists.
For now we are good with the in-person shopping and we will do so until we can't. I think I can manage to familiarise myself at that time.

Dance class in my teens
59. Organise a virtual dance party: you dress up and groove to the same music.
It sounds great, but just not for me. Probably because not many people want to groove to Eurovision music!

60. Organise your music playlist.
Oh, that's been done and dusted. Every artist has its photo and the songs are all categorised. Not much to do there.

61. Reorganise your wardrobe.
As a quarter to a half is still in storage, this is not really an option at the moment. Plus, I don't have that much anyway as I normally wear a uniform.

6 comments:

  1. You're right about the TV. The News is making this whole thing scarier than necessary. Just hang in there and this will soon pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OH yes, I second you on #55. Crikey, I even managed to get dad to NOT watch any news channel today!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people need to be made aware, but at this moment people are getting scared because of all the news, which is at time extremely conflicting. Common sense seems to go right out the door at this time.

      Delete
  3. We've had the TV on much less than normal and don't watch the news much at all since it's Covid-19 all the time. Sometimes we have French toast or pancakes for dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, loving all the old photos. You were and are a cutie. I had to leave the news stories after the orange cheeto became president. As for breakfast, frittata was prepared last week. Biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon worked pretty good. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the orange cheeto. He lives in a world all his own.

      I don't think I even know what frittata is.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!