Saturday 21 March 2020

Home

Well, another week has passed with terrible little to do. I don't even have to try and look for work anymore! Not a single company is hiring at the moment, as most of their people are home and taking it in turns to work.

I haven't been too bored yet. There was shredding to do, which will continue next week and if we can get some more boxes, that will go on for a while. I don't know where my dad gets all the paperwork to shred from, but it is a lot! 

I am knitting. From dresses and bears to a scarf. And even though the scarf was the simplest to make, it was the most horrid to make as well. I used the beautiful skeins of silk I had gotten a couple of weeks ago and was really looking forward to using it. Until the yarn twisted and twisted and kept twisting. It was maddening! Never again. 

Then I thought to update my Mice for Mama site. So, if you go there now, you will see hardly anything else but stripes. I will update the posts/items for sale as I go, but that will take a couple of days. I have nothing else planned!

We are now taking it in turns to make dinner. Today was my turn, but it was an easy one: left-overs! But there is some other stuff I want to make as well. I can cook and hardly do it anymore. I wonder if it is like riding a bike...

I have also gone back to my genealogy and this photo is one of the treasures found. The gentleman is related to me (brother of my great-grandfather) and there was precious little to find on him. But now I have and this is what I found. A photo in the newspaper announcing their 25th wedding anniversary (or 30th according to another paper). They had had some bad times, but were now on the up again. He really looks like my great-grandfather!

In the mean time Miss O is fine, my sister has been abducted by aliens (washing windows on the outside????) and Brom wants to go on a trip. I am totally with him...

9 comments:

  1. Fine here. Son just delivered some supplies to our patio door. We waved to each other and brought the stuff in. Then sat about wiping it down and putting away. Attempting to keep the spirits up and deciding if I can dig into supplies and make face masks. My problem with breathing is still with me and leaning to sew causes problems. Supplies are running out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still do our own shopping, but only one person goes out. But the virus is getting closer, a small town about 10 miles away already has several casualties and nearly 20 infections on top of that.

      Delete
  2. Digging into more family history could be a good way to occupy your time. We're glad to hear you are all well including Miss O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    You are being creative and productive and not letting the time become water. All good!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do find genealogical treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh Mara at least you are making very very good use of your time. I recall all the pictures of the meals you cooked for yourself before you moved back to the Netherlands. Food is all about our senses, eye, nose, and taste buds. I look forward to more photos. The new mouse it adorable. You have a very good eye for happy colors
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take care and stay well. Glad you got leftovers to fix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Difficult times for us all. The knitting should help to keep you from going mad cooped up all day. Interesting about the silk yarn, I would never have thought about it twisting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regular yarn is twisted to a 'pattern', where the strands are all twisted a certain number of times. This silk yarn was made of left-overs and had thick and thin bits, but the person who had to twist it, had not done it like that, but willy-nilly. Just the amount she thought might look good, which meant it was too tight in some places and too loose in others. Which then meant it was turning back on itself.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!