Tuesday 24 March 2020

What to do? Part 2

It was so funny to read the comments to yesterday's post. Everybody seemed to pick something else from the list. But perhaps you didn't find something you are particularly enamoured with, so here are the next ten!

11. Write letters of love or thanks to your people. Post them.
This is a nice idea. One to keep in mind.

12. Research something you have always wondered about.
Why is the sky blue? That is something I have wondered about ever since I was a little girl. And one that has popped up lately: What happened to acid rain?

13. Have a scented bubble bath with candles and music.
Problem: the only bath we have in this house is the one meant to bathe your little baby. Not sure I fit in that, let alone the bubbles.

14. Write an advice letter to the teenager you were. Write another to yourself in 20 years.
I think it would involve 'not staying in my room so much, get out there more'.

Sankt Hans bonfire in 2013
15. Learn a heritage skill like: baking, woodwork, preserving, mosaic, ceramics, cheese making, fermenting, foraging, quilting, slow cooking, soap + candle making, crochet, permaculture, knots, fire building, home remedies.
Okay... Baking is not a heritage skill! It is a necessity of life if you want nice home made brownies and cake. What on earth is permaculture? And I am not so sure my parents would be too happy if I tried to learn fire building in the living room or any other room of the house for that matter!

16. Draw an apple using a different style each day for a week.
Apples are for eating. One a day keeps the doctor away. So I eat bananas!

17. Attend a virtual symphony. 
This doesn't really appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind classical music, but this might be a bit too much.

18. Catch up on great movies.
Can be sorted: yesterday my dad and I got five crates of films out of storage. Television mainly consists of Corona, Corona and more Corona. Mind you, one crate is filled with Doctor Who, M*A*S*H and Last of the Summer Wine and a second one with Christmas films. It will keep me/us going for a while at least. Frozen is the first one up!

19. Learn to say a favourite phrase or quote in 7 different languages.
Nou ja zeg, zeven verschillende talen? Das muss doch machbar sein. Jeg snakker allerede fem forskjellige språk. Peut-être une ou deux en plus n'est pas si difficile? What do you think?

20. Try creatively visualising goals.
Not a clue what this might mean, but if it means imagining having a great place to work, a lovely place to live and a good life: I am with that!

11 comments:

  1. Nothing has turned my crank in this list. You can probably say phrases in quite a few languages already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Hmmmm- like the idea of #11... but getting to the post office for stamps would be the stymie. So perhaps sticking to what I have been doing, which is lengthy emails to friends and comments on blogs, spending more time than usual on it.

    Permaculture is the art of growing things organically and in practice of 'companion planting'. Certain things do well together, such as tomatoes and basil, the latter acting as a pesticide for the fruit. Rosemary is good to have around hard-fruit trees such as apple and pear. It seeks to work with natural flow such as type of land versus what to plant, seasons and so on.

    Creative Visualisation is a meditative process; yes what you said is the start of it. But then one would draw up a wall chart and collage images or word phrases/affirmations to support in attainment of the goal... or perhaps, knit a toy bus... that is the creative part after the visualisation! It usually accompanied not by 'wishful thinking' but by positive thoughts of 'that is the work for me' and reciting this as a form of mantra.

    Did that help any? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, wall charts and all? That sounds very clinical for something that to me feels quite unclinical. Knitting a toy bus however...

      Delete
  3. Since I am locked up, I don't have time anymore not even to pick up a crumb ! I spend my time on Whatsapp with my Scrabble girls, play secretary to my husband, (he needs me all fivre min but I have hearing difficulties) and the rest of my time takes my blogs and the TV. We record movies which are showed at impossible times and watch them when it suits us. so far I have been out once for a little shopping. I keep the 1.50 m distance and the second person in my car sits on the back seat, because I have a Toyota Aigo, which is very cute but very small too. Police watches how many people are in the car !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Managing to keep busy so far. Due to jump in number of confirmed cases in our area we are on lock down do sill get it figured out day by day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a town close by that has several casualties and infections. I hope that people will realise that staying in is now a good idea!

      Delete
  5. Those are all great ideas but we really want to know who the children are in the pictures (they are so cute).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in my grandmother's bathroom sink is me and the little child in the bottom photo has never been identified. It might be a (great) grandfather in his youth, but there is no way to know as none of them are living now.
      And thank you for calling me cute.

      Delete
  6. Those are some good suggestions! Thanks! Hope you and your family stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lists are awesome! I have zero ambition to do anything except watch Hallmark movies and my other favorites. For some reason I'm not even doing my normal chores.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!