Friday 27 March 2020

What to do? Part 5

A bit late today, but it was my turn to make dinner (spare ribs, yum). But never fear, here are more of the tips and hints of what to do with your days while you cannot enjoy the outdoors.

42. Try adult colouring in.
Yes, I did. About two years ago. Not my biggest enjoyment I have to say. Although my sister still has the finished coloured in owl on her notice board by the fridge.

43. Join a virtual book club.
I have. About two years ago. I even hosted a book: A man called Ove. Brilliant book by a Swedish author. Definitely worth the read. But alas, lately I have not been doing much with the book club, mainly because at the moment I don't work and I mainly read at work!

44. Find great podcasts.
I have never really been into that for some reason. Either I watch/listen or not. Repeats: great, otherwise: too bad. Besides, my telephone is empty within a second and my computer doesn't have sound for some reason.

45. Update your goals.
This makes me think of putting flowers around the goals on the football field. Not entirely sure that is what this means...

46. Upcycle something.
Ooh, sounds like a great idea. We watch that show on the BBC as well: Money for Nothing. Tatty old things being transformed in really fun and funky expensive things. Might give it a go. Not sure with what though...

47. Build a free website.
What for? What would I do with it? Advertise myself? Use it to sell my stuff? Hm, might look into that.

My room when I was a teenager.
I am back in the same room now, but with only a bed in it.
48. Re-arrange furniture.
I have actually been thinking about that. At the moment my bed is missing part of its head end as it doesn't fit under the roof. If I move the bed a bit and put it against another wall, I might get the head end complete. I will give it a go, but it wouldn't surprise me if I had to move it all back because it's unworkable.

49. Start a dream journal. 
It would read like a bus time table meets fantasy novel I think. I dream about buses a fair bit and keep meeting all my old colleagues as well. Apart from the ones in Northern Ireland though, they have never popped up. Didn't make too much of an impression I guess. Other than that: no!

In Austria
50. Binge TED Talks.
Brom would be upset I think. Besides: not a clue what a TED Talk is anyway.

51. Join an online community of likeminded people.
Like cat and dog lovers? Or people researching their genealogy? Oh yes, got that sorted!

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    TED talks can be fun, but can also a great deal of hot air!!! It is a TED talk that I have on my post for Thursday, with Nicola Sturgeon. They average 20 minutes and are aimed at inspiring and instigating discussion... so I have #50 covered! I do the occasional podcast (BBC Sounds).

    ...and yes, maybe a WIX website or similar would suit MiceForMama better as can have paypal and other options set up ... Hey ho... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had BBC iPlayer, but I don't as I don't live in the UK. A shame, as I miss all BBC4 programs.

      Delete
  2. I have an 'adult' colouring book - it's quite fun but I do get rather impatient. TED talks can be very good but they all last at least 20 minutes. I know I've got all the time in the world but even so . . . Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave my 38 year old nephew an adult coloring book for Christmas. It was titled "Animals Farting". Found it on Amazon. He does "popup" cooking. Has a portable food bar. He specializes in smoked dishes. Even smoked deviled eggs, watermelon and pimento cheese. Look for you down the wire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I bought it for myself, but only finished one page. Not my best investment!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!