Wednesday 11 March 2020

The week that was

Empty. I think that is the word that can describe this week best: empty. As you can actually see in my weekly planner: nothing in it. The two main reasons: the company went bust and there isn't as much work now for the 'new' company and they are using their own drivers instead of tempers. And the second reason is Corona. Trips are cancelled and that means no drivers needed. *Sigh*

Today I thought to get out of the house for a bit, but I pretty soon ended up at the car dealer. I am not going to buy myself a new car (no money for that), but I do need a new indicator stalk as the one I currently have is not working as it should. *Another sigh*

I had to take in petrol and I was exactly on 114,000 kilometers! 
My mum and I went to the cinema last Saturday. I had saved up some points on something or other and was able to buy a ticket with that and the other one my parents had won. We went to see Jumanji: The Next Level. I liked it a lot, especially as I had also seen the one that came out in 2017. 

I had a lovely attack of the h again. And I was doing so well: 10 days free! I guess I just have to start counting from one again. 

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yes, I enjoyed the first Jumanji - want to see the second. Sorry about that big H though... The whole virus thing is just ridiculous now, so many folk losing out because of it. Hope you get some hours soon. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second is well worth it. Especially if you've seen the first one with the current cast. Go soon though, before they close the cinemas!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear the virus is disrupting your work as it is to many people. We hope it isn't too expensive to get your car fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The impact of the virus is far reaching. No wonder the H has reared its ugly head again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that rears its ugly head regardless of virus/weather/work/whatever! Unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Sorry that this is affecting your income. It is hitting a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Mara I'm so sorry about your work...or lack there of.
    The H was surely due to STRESS
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in as well here. Now even restaurants are closed except for take out. So many small business owners being traumatized by the attempts to keep the virus from spreading worse.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!