Monday 23 March 2020

What to do? Part 1

Today I saw a list come by on Facebook. Which I printed out and now have sitting next to me. So, one thing I will be doing over the next period is giving you some 'tips' and 'ideas' on what to do. Not courtesy of me mind, I only copied it. I will talk about a few each day and continue over the next week.

1. Sort and tag your digital photos. 
Ah, I always sort them anyway, so no real help to pass time there. Although I am also scanning real photos which does pass some time. Waiting for an album of my sister's which takes some time getting here!

2. Make them into a collage or poster.
That actually doesn't sound too bad. Not too bad at all. Hm. Lightbulb moment here!

3. Research your next holiday.
That is sorted already. Eurovision 2021! Although a trip to my old stomping grounds in Norway would be very welcome now as well...

4. Do a photography project.
Did I not do that with numbers one and two? The only other thing I could think of in this case is actually learning how to use my camera a lot better.

5. Attend a Twitter conference.
I do. Every single ^&%*# morning! All them rotten birds in the guttering squawking and whathaveyou. But if they are talking about the digital Twitter stuff: never been into Twitter, not starting now.

6. Declutter. Baby steps.
Does shredding count? Because I am shredding a lot. Not sure where it keeps coming from, but we are running out of boxes and I am nowhere near the end.

7. Research a charity to support.
My charity this year is 'Foundation Disabled Sport' in the Netherlands. Every year I pick a different one. This year's choice is because of the Paralympics and knowing that not every disabled person has those opportunities. Some don't have any at all.

8. Prep and freeze some meals for when you're sick or back at work. 
Our freezer is full. But prepping a meal is something we now take in turns. Today it's my Dad's turn to make dinner.

9. Create a digital scrapbook.
Not for me thank you.

10. Start a gratitude journal.
Last year I had a gratitude jar and I continued this year.

That's it for today. Even though some may not be for me, how about for you? Oh, and there are more to discuss tomorrow of course, this is part one of 7!!

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Lovely post prompt for you there, Mara my friend - and some good thoughts. #4 I would definitely have interpreted as the taking of images rather than the sorting of them - so yes, get that camera flexing!!! I am doing that today with all my little crystals/stones. Am about half way through. It's tiring and time consuming, so if that's the aim of the project, mission accomplished. The other time consumer today was the 3.5 hours it took to get a grocery delivery organised. That's how slow the system was - for those of us granted 'priority'!!! I look forward to reading more of these. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some shopping today: not too bad. Everything was to be had, although the toilet paper racks were still fairly empty.

      Delete
  2. Great list, I will try to push myself to get motivated to do something other than sit on my a$$ and feel sorry for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great ideas for stuff to do to keep us occupied. My husband and I just cooked up a huge pot of food yesterday and put most of it in the freezer. That way we don't have to cook every day but we still get good meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the gratitude journal reminds me that I have to make an entry for the gratitude jar that we’re all doing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had noticed several old photos so figured you might be doing some scanning. Plenty of good ideas. Now to find my gumption, aka desire and carry through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received my sister's baby album and I will be scanning all of those photos as well.
      There are some really fine ideas in there, and I will definitely try out some of them.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!