Wednesday 25 March 2020

What to do? Part 3

It's day three of the ideas and tips I found. Some of you have already picked some of them, others haven't really found any of them to be useful. So, here's the next batch of eleven this time.

21. Create a detailed spreadsheet of how you would spend € 10 million. Or dollars or pounds or whatever your currency is. 
This deserves a post of its own, so the first of next week's posts is sorted!

22. Write a poem or a story.
I am not a poet and I know it. But I do like to write. Even if I never seem to end the story. Might give it a go though, you never know where it might lead.

23. Start a journal or a blog.
I do have a journal. A headache one! And over the last few weeks the entries have started with: no headache. I have started to write more in it as well, about things that happen during the day. And the blog? Well, HELLO!!!

24. Read the books you never have time for.
I don't read at home. I always read at work. And yes, I know I am a bus driver by trade, but that does not mean I read while driving. I read in the small five minute breaks, in the hours of waiting for a group to finally come back. Since I have been at home, I have not opened a single book, but I will start again soon.

25. Yoga or exercise class.
This is a really good one. We are still not banned from going outside and the weather has been glorious, but for some reason I can't find the impetus to get me off my backside and out into that glorious weather to do something. Oh, and forget about the yoga.

26. Spruce up your CV.
I keep it up to date anyway, but I might have an old-fashioned one. Perhaps I could do one like Elle in 'Legally Blonde' and have it on pink scented paper?

27. Start your novel.
Let's stick with the story here. Walk before running.

28. Try an art project.
This sounds like a great idea. There are still some watercolour pencils I gave my mother a few years ago and she didn't really use that much. Although my drawing skills are not that good...

29. Binge on iview.
Yeah, I don't know what that is, but if it has anything to do with watching British programs online: no can do. Unfortunately.

Italian Garden on Ilnacullen (Ireland)
30. Revamp your garden.
And upset my mum? Are you mad? I might pull some weeds at some point, but gardening in general is not my thing. Soooooo not my thing.

31. Practice mindfulness.
Yes, not something I really have gotten into. Although I do know it would be very good for me. Perhaps now might be the time. As soon as I figure out exactly how and what.

9 comments:

  1. Well one thing for certain you will be well entertained while you wait. That is a long well written list.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. More interesting ideas. At least we have number 23 covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good suggestions! We're keeping busy, though. Dad has his hobbies to work on. My ghostwriter is going to work a shift at the nursing home today. (Oh, and Oma is doing fine, thanks for asking. The nursing home is on lock down, and no one is sick so far.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to write, I hate garden work, but love to sit in one. I am painting and I do Yoga. I love to read too, but lately I mostly read blogs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    yes, I like more in this list.
    Mara, mindfulness is a wonderful tool. You could do worse than read the NHS take on it. Then there is the organisation simply called Mindful.

    Consider that art goes far beyond drawing. Your knitting is art!!! But do play with those pencils. I have some and love them.

    I have a pile of books (literal and e-style), but just never get the minutes to read them... and for the same time reasons, the two novels on the go are not going at all! They will have to wait till AD (after Dad)...

    However - my dear gal - TOMORROW IS FINAL FRIDAY FICTION DAY! Jump right in &*>
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I could do worse than do a bit of Mindfulness, but I don't know. I might give it a go and I do know it is supposed to be very helpful.

      I know my knitting is art, but to me it doesn't seem so. It's just... knitting. But those pencils will be given an outing, I will make sure of that. After all, there are two months left of this sitting at home stuff!

      Delete
  6. I am not bored as yet. I keep thinking I would try to do a bit of finishing sewing projects. Will give it a go again tomorrow, whatever day of the week that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frunkerday. I am sure it is Frunkerday tomorrow. It might be Zosherday as well, but I am 98% certain it's Frunkerday...

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!