Thursday 26 March 2020

What to do? Part 4

Ah, this list with suggestions to pass the time in this time of apparently great boredom. If you work from home: great! I am a bus driver currently out of work, so that is not really an option, even if I did have work. Back to the list then...

32. Try an e-learning course.
Yes. Ah. So. Here's the thing: I don't mind learning things, but if there is one thing I cannot do is learning at a distance. For some reason the Norwegian language course worked fine, but all other courses have just fallen away. But, I might learn another language. Would there be a Frysian course out there?

Mmmmmm apple pie
33. Make a cook book.
I am. But at the moment the cook book is in storage. It is a ready made book and you just have to enter your favourite dishes in it. Like the Dronning Maud Pudding we love. And my apple pie. And lately we found a great recipe courtesy of the Hairy Bikers (my favourite televsion chefs by the way) of a great fish pie. I will keep hold of the recipe and enter it in my cook book the minute I find it again.

34. Create homemade gifts. 
Mice, scarfs, hats, baby dresses. Yeah, I think I have that covered. Although I do then try and sell them.

35. Phone (old) friends.
I did. I phoned a friend in Scotland and spoke to her for about 45 minutes. I phone my sister regularly. Last night I spoke to another friend. It is good. We can moan about how life is treating us all at the moment and just vent a bit. Great idea!

36. Play parlour games.
There is one game that might come out, although it hasn't yet, as my dad hasn't reached that level of boredom. But then: sjoelen!!  

37. Fix broken stuff.
I wouldn't dare! I wouldn't want to deprive my dad you know...

38. Design a dream home.
The one with the book room, the craft room, the film room, the lego room (for my sister), the bedrooms, the large kitchen. That one? 

39. Practice forgiveness.
I think the time has come to forgive my German teacher in high school for not giving me the points I feel I deserved. Perhaps his 'reading' the text did mean 'learning' after all...

I am going places and next year I will turn half a century!
40. Plan your next party.
Well, next year. Seeing Sarah (ie turning 50). Time enough to find some ideas.

41. Kick a bad habit. 
I am not telling you my bad habits. Go find your own to kick!

11 comments:

  1. Plenty of things to do, it's just finding the time to do them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I have plenty of as well: the old job stopped because of bankruptcy and the new job won't start until this Corona stuff is over. *Sigh*

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    another pretty good list. Yeah, the phone calls work, don't they??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! It was so nice to hear your voice and know you're okay.

      Delete
  3. I'm not great at learning online either. It would be fun to design a dream home so when all this is over I could have it made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should write a book about what to do the next time we get hit with this kind of crisis. With all of your good ideas, it would be a best seller! Be sure to include your recipes, and directions for knitting crafts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But this is not my list! I just found it on Facebook!

      Delete
  5. Voor een cursus Fries verwijs ik je naar:https://kursus.afuk.frl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. While my 3 sisters and I keep in touch with text and email, Arlene, my youngest sis, came up with an app, Marco Polo, where we can record or go live sort of like face chat. The ability to see and interact with each other has worked to lift spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next best thing to meeting in person. Clever Arlene!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!