Tuesday 16 July 2013

Shrinking sheep

You know the old joke don't you? Why don't sheep shrink when they stand out in the rain? Well, to be honest, I don't know the answer to that, however I do know they have plenty of chance to actually get wet over here! Because it does rain on occasion.

My sister, who lives in a country known for its rain (ie Northern Ireland), is experiencing temperatures of over 20 degrees and no rain. My parents too, are experiencing high temperatures and hardly any rain. And over here? Well, their night time temperatures are not even our daytime temperatures! The rain is quite present and the sun quite absent. 

All this means the world around me is a bit gloomy and a bit smaller than normal too, since there's also low hanging cloud and fog. From Friday however, the temperatures are to rise to a full 16(!) degrees during the daytime and the sun is due to come out as well. Which means I can get to work in the garden again. 

I just have to remind myself of something my Mum always says: most of the rain falls beside you, not on you!

4 comments:

  1. Are those pictures from your home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe it? I sometimes long for rain because we don't get any fro may until November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having incredible heat this week. With the humidity yesterday it felt like 44C.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!