Tuesday 9 July 2013

Food

I like to cook. Honestly, I do. I don't do it very often, but when I do: culinary high lights! Well, perhaps not that exactly, but I haven't poisoned anybody yet!

With my parents here last week I had to cook. Every day, apart from the day we spent in Bergen, where we ate out. On my birthday (Sunday) I made my own birthday dinner: potato wedges, sausages and cooked cauliflower including a 'papje' (a cornflour and milk sauce). Monday saw me make pizza à la Mara. On Tuesday we ate out. Wednesday was a day for chicken wings and potato wedges. Thursday was salmon, boiled potatoes and salad and Friday I made pancakes. 

As for desserts? Well, yoghurt most days, but also rhubarb crumble and apple crumble. Plus I made apple pie for my birthday. 

I hope I can continue cooking for myself. But I fear it will become very boring eating my michelin starred food on my own and I will return to easy food. Microwave dinners and the like. Perhaps I just have to invite people over!

PS: I of course didn't take any photos of the food I made, so two photos of what we encountered in Skudenes last Friday instead.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed by the amount of cooking that you did while you had company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals sound yummy! Love the fire hydrant.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!