Friday 19 July 2013

I prefer Dolly...

One of many birds that I see in my garden.
I live in the countryside. Waking up nearly every morning with the sound of sheep, gulls (no, not Alfred), sparrows and that other one, the big one, the one that was not a stork. Oh yes, the curlew. 

When I drive to work early in the morning, I might be able to see said gulls, sparrows and curlews. I have also seen deer (twice now) and sheep on the loose. Deer flee as soon as you see them and sheep move as one and get to the nearest grass. Which is plentiful in this area I can tell you. 

WHAT YOU LOOOOOKING AT???
This morning I had the 'luck' of seeing yet more animals. Of the bovine variety (ie cattle)! There were four of them and they were standing in the middle of the road. At least one cow and two bulls I saw, albeit all very very young. But where sheep take off running as one as soon as they think they see you coming, those bovines don't. Not unless you get really close. When they trot off. Straight ahead. Using the road. Where I drive!

Needless to say, I was not that amused. Especially since I had to get to work. And when one of the cows had decided the grass was nice, the other three didn't follow suit. Causing the lonely miss to reconsider and get back on the road. I just had to turn around and go the other (and longer) way. Because I just knew that otherwise, I would show up to work with four bovines ahead of me!!! Which I doubt is a very good idea...

3 comments:

  1. "Oh, look, Mara brought cattle to work!"
    You're right. It might cause a stir for a moment, then everyone would be wondering where to put the darn things. LOL
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the country! Glad you had another route to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like as good an excuse as any to be late for work.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!