Thursday 28 January 2010

Desserts

Panacotta and brownie

I love eating out, especially with family, friends or even colleagues. You get to eat things you wouldn't normally eat at home and the best thing? You don't have to cook it or clean the dishes afterwards! I think it's great more and more restaurants are also serving local and/or seasonal dishes. I love game and it really is an autumn/winter food. Salads belong to summer as does fish to a certain degree. That's my opinion anyway.

The thing I hate though is the fact that so many restaurants will offer you a choice of great starters and main courses, but when it comes to desserts: nope! Ice-cream be it 30 degrees above zero or 10 degrees below (on the Celsius scale people). I love ice-cream when the sun is burning hot in the sky. I don't want it when I can walk on iced-over ponds! It just doesn't fit.

My favourite winter dessert is hot apfelstrudel with warm vanilla sauce, cinnamon ice-cream (I know, I know, but it's part of...) and whipped cream. So, what's your favourite winter dessert and can you send me a recipe? I promise to try them all out, unless they are coffee or amaretto flavoured (sorry). You can find my e-mail address on my profile page.

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you that I love the paws. I can't think of a recipe right now. We don't do much dessert at home. I always have cheesecake in the freezer. I've been enjoying brownies with ice cream. (of course I'm in California) I make banana bread often. We have been enjoying just fresh fruit, mainly berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll certainly give it some thought Mara. I have friends coming this weekend so will have to get desserts ready made for them. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mara, home-made (still warm) dark chocolate pudding with pecans.

    Recipe: 1 box chocolate pudding (NOT INSTANT!!)
    Half n Half where it calls for milk (I know, but I'm being honest)
    Pecans (as many or few as you like)
    cook.
    cool only slightly.
    eat.
    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM YELLING BECAUSE I LIKE THIS DESSERT SO MUCH
    CREME BRULEE
    dont have a recipe for it
    I only get it every now and then we we go out
    its to die for

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!