Sunday 15 March 2009

Miscellaneous

This photo was made on the USS John F Kennedy when it was in docked in Malta in the autumn of 1999. One of the girls I was on holiday with had been chatting up one of the naval officers and he gave us free VIP tickets to see the 23-floor ship! Of course there was a limit to what we could see.
This photo was taken in Bad Kissingen, Germany in the summer of 2006. The weather was a bit iffy: nice and not so nice changing all the time!
And this last photo was taken a couple of years ago when I went on this sailing weekend. One thing I learned is that sailing should be done by someone other than me: having the steering in the back is just not natural! We also had to learn how to make knots and here I am trying my hardest. Just a couple of seconds later the other girl and I were in a complete fit of laughter and didn't get out of that fit for at least ten minutes!

This is what you get when you find photos you didn't even know you had!

1 comment:

  1. I've been catching up a bit. Good for Sophie for sailing through her operation. I hope she continues to do well.

    Taking kids on trips is an art that teachers have to master. Some do it better than others.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!