Wednesday 1 July 2009

X is for...


Connexxiontours

Yes, I am cheating a little bit, but the abreviated form used within the company is often xx-tours, so I'm not really cheating.

Anyway, this is the company I work for and the coach you see in the photo is actually 'my' coach (or tourbus). Not mine in the sense of I own it, but mine in the sense of I drive it most often.

I've worked for this company for over ten years now and apart from a few months when I wanted out, I loved almost everything. Some trips are of course more fun than others, but over the whole I've no reason to complain about this company. I get the pay I'm owed at the end of every month, I am provided with a uniform and the work itself is varied. I mean, going abroad without paying a penny, seeing lots and lots of different things and meeting tons of people: my idea of a job as close to perfect as I can imagine.

The one thing bothering me about my job is something the company cannot solve for me: European Driving Laws. Nowadays you almost have to have a university degree in mathematics to calculate the amount of driving that you do. However, I try to make it as easy as possible for myself and have been lucky so far.

Now, I do travel a lot outside the Netherlands (at this time I'm probably heading over to Ireland via Holyhead in Wales) and for any European readers out there (and readers from further afield if you ever find yourself in Europe): if you ever see a coach like this, just have a little look to see who the driver is. If the driver is a woman and blonde at that, there's a fair chance it's me. Come and have a chat! I would love to meet you!!

For more x words, please check out: ABC Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. I don't think this is a cheat at all...it's a great X...and so cool you drive that huge bus and travel all over...happy belated birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all a cheat as x is such a hard letter. Very informative post too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cheating in my opinion either. You are fortunate to see the country in such a wonderful manner. For a while I was a tour guide on over the road tours in the USA. I don't know what I would have done without my wonderful coach drivers. They got me out of some crazy situations at times. It was really hard when they didn't know where we were going, and most were willing to listen to my directions...most...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if you're cheating, half of everyone else is too. so let's say that you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How cool is that? You drive the an XX bus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm DEFINATELY a cheater because I posted the wrong letter! Oooops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun job you have!
    I love all your travel photos and will look for you!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great 'X'! No cheat at all!

    I will certainly look out for your XX coach and if possible, I will say hello to you. And if you see a mad red-haired woman waving at you on a motorway somewhere in England, it might be me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, you are not cheating at all. That is a cleaver "X". Thanks, finally let us see your bus, quite an impressive one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fantastic X. And not just one, but two! Love your Ireland pictures also. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!