Tuesday 29 June 2021

Tuesday's Travels 11

So, did I fool anybody? Did you think it was the Fat Tower in Zierikzee? The one I saw only a few weeks ago? Sorry to say: it wasn't. It was the Oldehove, the leaning tower of Leeuwarden in the north of the Netherlands. Who gets a point? Well, this time the point goes to my sister Gera. And like she says: they stopped building this tower when it started to lean due to the unstable ground. 
My own story? Well, even though I lived in Leeuwarden during my childhood, I never actually climbed this tower. In fact, I don't think I ever really saw this then and this photo was actually taken in 2016. Probably the first time I looked at it properly, although I still didn't climb it, much to Brom's disgust.

On to this week's photo. What and where is this (multiple options)? Have you ever been? Tell me your story! Answer next week!

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OOh... that's a hoodoo in Alberta (Dinosaur Park???) - again not because I've been but because of Canadian connections... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never seen anything like that but it sure is interesting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never knew there was another leaning tower! You learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that one. It was the first little trip when we visited my daughter in Calgary almost 20 years ago. Oh, 21 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was within just a few km and did not know to look for these formations. Thanks for broadening my knowledge.
    klem

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!