Wednesday 2 June 2021

Brom goes to the sea again

Coocoo

Today is my last post of our holiday in Zeeland. Mara says I managed to make it last though: the holiday only lasted five days!

My favourite shell I found the day before.
We started early on Friday, because this was moving day and we had to be out of our cottage by 10 am. Mara had to pack her stuff and she had to make sure my shells were coming along as well (see Sunday's photo of my three favourite shells we found on the beach). She had to remove all the bedding, leaving everything tidy, get the car and pack the car and then we would be on our way. 

Our first stop was going to be the sea again though, as the wind had really picked up during the night and she thought the waves might be a bit higher. And they were. So, when she popped me in the sand really close to the sea, I was a bit scared the waves would wash me away. But she scooped me up again before the water got too close.

Mara's photo for May 2021
After only a short while we got back to the car, tried to shake off all the sand (I still have some in my ears I think) and started to make our way home again. It was a great holiday and I hope next time we will be staying near the sea again. I loved it!

9 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    There is something very healing about being on the shoreline, Brom bear. I am so glad you and Mara were able to enjoy it - wind and clouds don't matter - lots of negative ions and relaxing sounds. Your pawtrait shots are lovely and I am glad you such pretty shells to remember the trip by. Hugs and growlies, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind and clouds make the sea and beach a bit more fun. Just blue skies is all great and nice, but it does get a bit boring after a while.

      Klem

      Delete
  2. We're glad you didn't get swept out to sea, Brom. That looks like a great place for a walk and you found some pretty shells there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful holiday. Mara is such a great Mom to take you to so many great places! klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to make sure we go on holiday a bit more often!

      Growl

      Delete
  4. Your post reminds me of how much I am missing the sea. Far too long since I have watched the waves crashing on the shore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really have to travel as well to see the sea and I do miss it. In Norway I lived at a stone's throw and hardly went there (it wasn't a beach anyway), but I could always see it from my living room windows.

      Delete
  5. Yes, you definitely had to see the sea again!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!